Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Watchin Oprah!

So yesterday on her show she had heros, I only got the tail end but I can't stop think about it. They had a couple on there that found out that their first baby had edward's syndrome when they were 30 weeks pregnant and that he probably wouldn't survive to be born. Not only did Eliot make it to birth, he lived for 99 days!! They showed a video the parents made and it made everyone cry (including me). I loved the mom's comment- I decided to be sad later and enjoy every day I had with him (I am paraphrasing, so it might not be exact). What an example!!

So last night when Kyla was done eating I stole a little cuddle time with her before we each went back to bed. I thought about how thankful I am for my beautiful, healthy little girl that I get to spend my days with=)

The video is on utube if you want to see it, it is soo sweet (and sad)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0

5 comments:

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

hey Julie - I watched the show as well, and felt the same way you did. It made me cuddle my babies a little closer, and I'm hoping it will stay that way! On a side note, I found your blog on some of my friends's blogs - my husband says you guys were friends - that's great! Oh, my hubby is Tyler Smith! (I really hope this isn't creepy and stalkerish!)

Lahni said...

I don't watch Oprah, but that is a great way to think about our kids. This women knew her time was limited and we all think ours isn't but for all we know, it could be. I think I'd better go and give my boys a huge hug!
(I found you from Angie's blog, surprise!)

JWalburger said...

I have actually seen that video before, from an email link a few montha ago. It is definetly a sad yet happy video. I too try to make every day great because you never know what will happen.

Julie Allred said...

They are doing an update on the family tomorrow!! I am excited to see their newbaby girl=)

purebliss said...

I too just watched this video and cried from start to finish what a sad yet inspiring story!