Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Rant!

If you don't want to hear it I suggest to stop reading. Sorry

So yesterday I took Kyla to her 6mos appointment. And of course I was obsessing about how much she was gonna weigh. Well here is where she is at: 15 lbs 5 oz, 26.5 inches long and still has a big head. So she is the 30th, 75th and 90th percentiles respectively. That's right my baby is now only in the 30th percentile for weight (she was born in the 97th)! I seriously wish that I had never started nursing, it has been nothing but hard on me (and Kyla). I feel like a total failure. Kyla won't even cuddle and I think alot of it has to do with the stress of me trying to feed her. Anyway I have decided that our Christmas present to each other is formula in a bottle! I think my next baby will get that present the day he/she is born.

Sorry for the rant I am just ..... ya frustrated.

6 comments:

Tim and Ashlee said...

Ah don't be so hard on yourself. Sounds to me like Kyla is still a great weight. My SIL's baby was born in the 80th percentile and he just turned a year and now he's the 3rd percentile. She nursed the whole time (just weening him now). See...so don't worry. Some babies are just smaller than others. I think you're doing great and have nothing to be concerned about. You're a great Mommy!! I've seen that for myself.

4 Dynomite Rasmussens said...

Yeah! I totally agree! don't be so hard on yourself! You are a great mom and Kyla is a great baby. And don't blame yourself for her not wanting to cuddle. Not every baby does, and I don't think that it was the nursing inparticular. She just doesn't like it. Remember - You are doing great. Deep breath and smile! I love ya!

Julie Allred said...

You guys are too good to me! Thank-you=)

Lahni said...

It's not your fault. She's just petite! All kids are different sizes, I don't know why they even chart them like that. Last time we had D charted he was in the 50th percentile for weight, but I happen to know lots of other kids his age that are all way lighter than him. I'm not sure how accurate their stats are anymore anyway.

Meagan M said...

I'm going to officially comment since we were talking today. I wouldn't worry about the percentiles...I think anything on the chart is normal. Regardless of where...and how big of a spread there is. Really. Oh...and big heads are awesome! HAve you seen the size of my childs head?? LOVELY. BUt Hailey is a thick kid...and she only ever measures 50th for weight and always 95th for head.

Also, Hailey hated nursing too...it was so stressful. She did start getting better though. But it wasn't until about 8 months when she was totally fine with it. I think it actually had more to do with me not stressing about it so much at that point. She was getting plenty of solids by then so I was less worred. We actually ended up nursing until 14 months. So don't worry. Things will be ok. And not all kids cuddle...Hailey was about a year when she actually would relax in my arms - willingly.

Hope that helps!

JWalburger said...

Each kid is different. Some cuddle, some do not, and some go through stages. Also, some moms just have issues with nursing, and that is alright. If it stresses you, then do what is best for you and your baby. I am sure that you are a wonderful mom!